Throwing a 1980s fancy dress party can be a huge success, and luckily there are plenty of potential outfits that can be chosen to suit the theme perfectly. So, here are just a few of the most popular 1980s fancy dress costumes to give people a few hints on what to go for.
• Freddie Mercury. An icon of 80s music, Freddie would be the ideal choice for all fans of him and his band.
• Madonna. A Madonna costume would be perfect, particularly as there are so many options of what to go for.
• Fame. This iconic film is still popular to this day, particularly with its recent revival. Day-glo leg warmers, leggings and slouchy, oversized t-shirts are the order of the day.
• Top Gun. No-once can resist Tom Cruise in his pilot outfit, so any men wanting to impress should bear this in mind.
• Shell suits. Not the classiest of fancy dress costumes perhaps, but a great choice for anyone who wants to be a bit different in their choice.
• Blues Brothers. This is quite an easy look to achieve but is incredibly popular, giving a suave and sophisticated look.
• Village People. With this idea there are plenty of options to consider, so anyone’s bound to find something to suit.
These are just a few of the most popular 1980s fancy dress costumes, and there are sure to be many more besides. Above all it comes down to drawing from films and fashion trends of the day, and for a great selection make sure to check out Props n Frocks for the perfect fancy dress costume.