Monday 26th September 2011
Props ‘n’ Frocks Fancy Dress support Essex Air Ambulance
‘Go Yellow’ Week
The team at Props ‘n’ Frocks fancy dress shop in Battlesbridge paid a visit to the Essex Air Ambulance Air Base in Earls Colne to launch the annual ‘Go Yellow’ appeal sponsored by Arc Legal Assistance Ltd.
During National Air Ambulance Week 26th September – 2nd October 2011 schools, businesses, groups, individuals and whole communities all over Essex are being encouraged to join in and have fun, while raising awareness and much needed funds to help keep the life-saving helicopter in the air!
Anyone wishing to dress up in yellow in support of Essex Air Ambulance can get a 15% discount at Props ‘n’ Frocks by simply quoting the promotional code ‘EAA15’ once at the online checkout. Plus, there are free banana costumes up for grabs for some lucky customers, so get ordering now!
Adele Wiseman, Managing Director of Props ‘n’ Frocks Fancy Dress, said: “We are proud to support Essex Air Ambulance and the ‘Go Yellow’ fundraising week. It has been proven that dressing up in a costume, or wearing an accessory, really increases fundraising potential & Props ‘n’ Frocks are more than happy to help.”
This week as part of the ‘Go Yellow’ appeal the County’s life-saving helicopter will be making special landings (subject to emergency call outs) at various locations in order to promote the Charity and thank the people taking part who keep raising vital funds. This is a fantastic opportunity for people to get up close and personal with the helicopter and Crew!
The Essex Air Ambulance will be making special landings at the following locations:
- Our Go Yellow Sponsor, Arc Legal Assistance Ltd, Colchester on Wednesday 28th September at 2:30 pm
- 1st Prize Winner, Ford End C of E Primary School, Chelmsford on Friday 30th September at 10 am
- 2nd Prize Winner, Colne Engaine Primary School on Friday 30th September at 1:30 pm
The Essex Air Ambulance receives no direct government or lottery funding, and relies on the generosity of the people who live and work in Essex to continue to save lives. Last year ‘Go Yellow’ helped raise over £9,000!
Ways to ‘Go Yellow’ include:
- Wear yellow – it could be yellow clothing, yellow shoes, or yellow fancy dress (think bananas and emu’s)
- Display a poster at your place of work, or in your shop, and put out a collection box
- Brandish a ‘Go Yellow’ banner for us before the event and raise awareness
- ‘Go Yellow’ yourself: don’t be scared to look silly or do something silly (that’s what it’s all about!) and raise money
- Hold an event – how about a yellow themed cocktail party or a yellow quiz?
- Challenge yourself with something ‘Go yellow’ themed and raise sponsorship
- Donate £1 for the week – or consider joining our Flight for Life Lottery (In the weekly draw up to £1000 can be won and up to £25,000 in the Superdraw!)
Anything goes, so get in touch with your ‘Go Yellow’ ideas and we’ll do all we can to help. We’re also giving you the chance to WIN a visit to our Air Base in Earls Colne and a tour of our brand new Visitor Centre where you can learn all about the Charity and visit the helicopter.
Nina Benscher, Essex Air Ambulance Fundraising Manager, said: “We are so grateful to everyone at Props ‘n’ Frocks for their support and for the fantastic yellow costumes donated. Go Yellow is a really fun and exciting way to raise the awareness of Essex Air Ambulance and help the funding that is vital to keeping us flying. You could do literally anything to take part, the more weird and wacky the ideas the better! We want everyone to get involved and take part; we hope that local communities will show their support and Go Yellow. We would love to hear what you are going to do so register to take part today!”
For further information about ‘Go Yellow’ visit EssexAirAmbulance.uk.com or to receive an information pack call 0845 2417 690 or email Nina@EHAAT.uk.com.
Notes to Editor: The Essex Air Ambulance is a vital life-saving Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS). It costs around £250,000 each month to cover all charitable costs and aircraft operations including the provision of doctors. The service enables clinicians and life-saving support equipment to be rushed to the scene of an incident and the patient can be flown to an appropriate hospital. The Essex Air Ambulance receives no National Lottery funding and is reliant upon donations from the public and local businesses to raise funds in order to keep the Air Ambulance flying.