We often find people wanting to have Superhero, Heroes & Villains or Goodies and Baddies fancy dress parties in May. Take a look at some of these other Heroes & Villains blogs
One thing you may notice about many of the costumes available, particularly the superhero ones is that are all very similar. This is to do with licenses and copyright. A few of the bigger names in the costume manufacturing world, will pay for a licence to produce costumes for a particular film, character, etc.. Often these can be for older films rather than newer ones, as many companies find it difficult to produce the costumes when the film is out in cinemas.
Most costumes for these types of parties, (particularly the Superheroes theme) tend to be character costumes, such as Batman, Robin, Superman, Spiderman, Supergirl, Lara Croft, etc.. However there are some generic costumes that will also fit the bill such as gangsters and molls, angels and devils, etc…
You do not need to be restricted to superhero costumes for this theme, why not also look at the following as it may give you some other great costume ideas…
- Real Life Villains – Infamous criminal (Jack The Ripper) or a bog standard prisoner costume
- Real Life Heroes – Mother Teresa, Doctors & Nurse, all the armed services
- Film / Book Villains – Freddy Krueger, Wicked Witch Of The West
- Film / Book Heroes – Indiana Jones, James Bond
- Cartoon Heroes – Popeye
- Fantasy Villains – Devils, Vampires, Witches
- Fantasy Heroes – Fairy Godmother, Angels
- Childhood hero, just who was your childhood hero? Maybe a teacher or a pop star?