Movie Idols fancy dress theme is our costume choice for the day. It is easier dressing up as one of these movie stars in a recognisable character from one of their major films. We’ve tried to give you a varied list, to get your own inspiration going, for example roger Moore is down as The Saint, and yes, we know, he was also James Bond.
Some of our Movie Idol Costume ideas include:
- Marilyn Monroe – Decide between the pink evening dress or the white halter neck costume
- Audrey Hepburn – Breakfast At Tiffany’s
- James Dean
- Judy Garland – Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz
- Marlon Brando – The Godfather
- Harrison Ford – Indiana Jones
- Keira Knightley – Pirates Of The Caribbean
- Tom Cruise – Top Gun (Maverick)
- Angelina Jolie – Lara Croft
- Uma Thurman – Kill Bill
- Richard Gere – An Officer & a Gentleman costume
- Christopher Reeve – Superman
- Johnny Depp – so much choice, Captain Jack Sparrow to name just one!
- Gywneth Paltroe – Shakespeare in Love
- Heath Ledger – The Joker
- Catherine Zeta Jones – Chicago
- Roger Moore – The Saint
- Sean Connery – James Bond
- Leonardo DiCaprio – Titanic
- Sylvestar Stallone – Rambo
- Whoopi Goldberg – Sister Act
- Brad Pitt – Grim Reaper
- Greta Garbo – wear a glamourous 1930s gown
- John Wayne – wear a cowboy costume
- Halle Berry – Cat Woman or The Flintstones
- Julia Roberts – Pretty Woman
- Nicole Kidman – Moulin rouge – take a look here for loads of Moulin Rouge costume ideas
- Reese Witherspoon – French Maid from Bridget Jones
To be honest, this list could go on and on, who would you dress up as?
Having mentioned a 100th birth anniversary yesterday we could not let today pass without mentioning another. That of film director Ray Nicholas. Who? Well, only those over a certain age might know the name, but chances are there are many more people who might know the most famous film he directed, which was the significant 1955 movie ‘Rebel Without a Cause’ featuring James Dean. This film, along with ‘East of Eden’ and ‘Giant’ seemed to set Dean up for a major acting career but, as we know, he died in an auto accident in 1955, before ‘Rebel’ was released, but became a movie legend nonetheless. Now when it comes to Movie Idols here at PNF we can offer a wide selection from the timeless characters portrayed by Marilyn Monroe or Clark Gable through to the newer creations such as Black Swan, Green Lantern and the Smurfs!