Our fancy dress party today is based on Canada as it’s Canada Day, when the people at the top of the North American continent get to celebrate – mostly that they are not Americans. (They will have their day on July 4th). There a good number of things for which Canada is famous – Mounties and Maple Syrup spring to mind, but only one of those really offers a costume opportunity. Far better to look at a few famous Canadians in the Entertainment field and their claims to fame
Canadian Costume Ideas:
- Pamela Anderson – Primarily known as a Baywatch Babe, she has now taken to starring in panto’s!
- Jim Carrey – Skilled actor with so many roles to his name, notably The Mask and The Grinch.
- Celine Dion – She once represented Switzerland in Eurovision, but is best known for her Titanic tune.
- Natasha Hestridge – Model who has made her mark in ‘Species 1 & 2’ and other horror films.
- Kristen Kreuk – One time Lois Lane in ‘Smallville’, but she has also featured as Snow White in a made-for-TV movie before the current rush started.
- Avril Lavigne – Independent pop idol/icon who performed the theme for Burton’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
- Alanis Morrisette – Another pop star, but she also has movie form, playing God in ‘Dogma’, for example.
- Mike Myers – Talented actor with a range of classic characters from Wayne (in Wayne’s World) to Austin Powers (we’ve some great Austin Powers costumes) and Doctor Evil.
- Keanu Reeves – Another actor with a host of memorable roles, although Neo in ‘The Matrix’ is possibly the best costume-wise. (Carrie-Ann Moss who played Trinity in the films is also Canadian). Take a look at our Matrix costumes
- William Shatner – The alter-ego of Captain James T Kirk (we stock Star Trek Outfits) and patrolman TJ Hooker. He also sings!