Today’s fancy dress theme suggestion is Drink (lots of costume ideas at the bottom of this
blog post) and it is all because today in America apparently it’s National Lemonade Day ‘because lemonade made its debut in Paris on this day in 1630’. To be honest, we are sceptical – one day lemonade had never been thought of and the next, Voila! a cheap, soft drink appears? Especially, when there is evidence that the Ancient Greeks had pink lemonade (albeit red wine with lemon juice)? Anyway, let’s work with it.
For such a simple drink, it has hidden depths – UK lemonade is different from US lemonade and it also comes in a stunning range of variations – cloudy, pink (non-alcoholic version), brown and red in Ireland and a Middle East derivative – Limonana. And how is all this in any way related to costuming? Well it is a drink, drinks are often seen at parties along with people in costume (there are even some drink-bottle related costumes) and, being the last full week of August, in what was initially a so-so summer, it is an essential ingredient in a shandy or, even better, a Pimms, supposedly the drink of the British Summer (wet and slightly overgrown with vegetation). Have a drinks party to celebrate Lemonade Day!
So what Drink Costume Ideas can we come up with today?
- Champagne Costumes
- Beer Bottles
- Fosters – Dress up as an Aussie
- Budweiser Frogs
- Holfmeister Bear
- Bloody Mary – dress in a biblical robe covered in blood
- 007 Martini (shaken, not stirred!) wear a tuxedo holding a Martini glass
- White Russian – wear a Russian costume with a white face
- Black Russian, as above with a black face
- Kremlin Colonel - Russian uniform
- Blue Hawaii – wear a blue Hawaiian costume or garland
- Tuxedo – speaks for itself!
- Devil’s Poison – Devil costume holding a bottle of fake poison
- Zombie – another chance to wear a zombie costume
- Hairy Virgin – a great ideas for a bloke with lots of hair to dress up in a white wedding dress!
- Pirate Drink – an easy one to put together with some pirate accessories
- Geisha Girl
- Pink Lady – we stock Pink Lady costumes
- White Lady – dress up as a ghostly lady
- Fallen Angel – wear black wings
- Pink Panther
- Hawaiian Cocktail
- My Fair Lady – dress up as Audrey Hepburn
- Singapore Sling – Wear a Chinese costume with one arm in a sling
- Mexican Martini – take a look at our Mexican accessories
- Godfather – wear one of our gangster costumes
- Prince of Wales – wear a Prince Charles mask
- Thriller – wear a Michael Jackson Thriller costume
- Bucks Fizz – dress up as the 80′s Eurovision winners – we have a set of costumes for hire
- Leprechaun Martini – wear a Leprechaun costume holding a Martini glass
These are just a few drink names we have picked out, click here for a comprehensive drink list for loads more ideas