Last week we mentioned the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen in connection with a Fairy Tales fancy dress theme. As World Book Day is this Thursday we thought we might look at these in more detail.
There are some children who find it ‘cool’ to dress as fairy tale characters, whilst others are of an age where it is just not the done thing. With a total of four Snow White films due out this year (one only two weeks away and two going straight to video) we are anticipating that 2012 will not see just the kids wanting to dress up in Fairy Tale Costumes. So, for today we thought we would give you a run-down of our most Popular Fairy Tale requests. We have included both male and female counterparts where appropriate.
- Beauty & the Beast
- Cinderella, Prince Charming, Ugly Sisters and Wicked Stepmother
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears
- Puss in Boots, Princess, King, Marquis
- Red Riding Hood & Granny/Wolf
- Snow White & the Seven Dwarves – Wicked Queen, Prince Charming, Woodcutter
- Shrek & Princess Fiona – a more modern take on the classic fairytale!
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts
- Dick Whittington & his cat
- Hansel & Gretel
- The Little Mermaid, Sea King, Prince & Sea witch
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Dorothy, Tin Man, Cowardly Lion & Scarecrow – take a look at all of our Wizard of Oz costumes
Our range of Fairytale costumes is growing monthly, and we have some exciting new costumes that are going to make our fairytale costumes fantastic, so watch this space!