Girl Group Costumes Grief
From time to time here at Props and Frocks we get some interesting challenges and some of them involve devising costume ‘groups’ For example, for a Heroes and Villains party, what could we offer a group of females? This goes back to something that has been a longer term theme in these blogs – the lack of female role-models – and finding a group to work with is even harder. Of course about a year ago the film Sucker Punch offered a feisty female foursome but although costumes were produced, the film did not make much impact at the box office. Disney Princesses are always an option (the more recent ‘princesses’ have been less cutesy) or you could try a set of Disney villainesses (Maleficent, Cruella de Vil, Wicked Queen, etc). Depending upon how broad your interpretation of heroes/villains is, you could possibly even rope in some girl groups from other theme areas aside from movies and books, such as the Spice Girls – many might say villains guilty of the Spiceworld movie and their new musical project!
Other ladies group costume ideas include:
- Glinda, Wicked Witch (of The West), Dorothy – Wizard of Oz Costumes (you can also now get ladies sexy costumes for The Tin Man, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion)
- Ladies Superhero costumes – Super Girl, Wonder Woman, Mrs Incredible, Silk Spectre, Bat Girl (female versions of Robin & Batman are also available)
- School Girls – always go around in groups!
- Synchronized Swimmers – just all wear matching swimsuits, only if you are brave, and it is warm!
- Andrews Sisters – wear WWII uniforms
- Harem – a group of ladies just need to wear a belly dancer style costume
- 3 Witches – we stock a wide range of witch costumes & accessories