Today, we thought we’d encourage a ‘Money’ Costume theme. Sound difficult? Take a look at our great costume ideas, and if you still want more? Check out our costume ideas section in the website where we have costume ideas for many fancy dress theme…
Money costume Ideas:
- Dick Turpin – he robbed people for their money
- Robin Hood – he robbed the rich and gave it to the poor
- Pirates – robbed anyone for money (or it’s equivalent), we have a huge range of pirate accessories, always a very popular costume idea
- Miss Moneypenny – from James Bond
- Bob – Wear a bob wig
- Grand – dress up for this occasion, look down on everyone else, slang for £1000.00
- Monkey – slang for £500.00 We have a hire Monkey costume, and Monkey masks to purchase
- Pony – slang for £25.00, wear a horse mask
- Score – slang for £20.00 – cover yourself with a musical score
- Squid – slang for a £1.00 – wear a Squid like costume – nothing available to purchase I am afraid, you will need to improvise
- Coppers – wears a police outfit
- Cheque – wear a Morphsuit with a check design
At a time when money (or lack of it) is much on people’s minds, today is the anniversary of the first ATM ‘hole-in-the-wall’ cash machine, opened in Enfield in 1967. Although the early machines were a bit cumbersome (an early Barclays version involved cheque-like punchcards which allowed you to have ten pounds at a time!), we can see this as the point at which money really began to talk – mostly ‘Goodbye’. Today we thought we would suggest a Money-orientated theme.
In some ways, the arrival of the Euro rather spoilt things for many of the currencies (although some Euro-countries seem to be spoiling things right back!) To paraphrase the old 10cc hit, to be Franc, if you have a Yen to make your Mark, at a Money Makes The World Go Round event, then come and see us here at Props & Frocks – we won’t make a Drachma out of a crisis (the Greeks have their own problems).