So your guests are not too confused by the title, why not add the following to your invites?
Some costume ideas from Props & Frocks…
- St. George, or other famous ‘Knights’ from old including Sir Lancelot (and what about Guinevere his lover?)
- Medieval costumes
- More recent Knights – look at who has been knighted by Her Majesty, think of famous names that you can play with Lord Sugar is one that springs to mind.
- Kiera Knightley
Gladys Knight (& The Pips)
- Knight Rider – Hit 80s Television show
- The Dark Knight – a great chance to wear a Batman costume
- The Queen – You could go around all night ‘knighting’ people
And then think of some of the best nights you have ever had…
- On holiday
- At a gig
- Another fancy dress party!
- When your baby was born – dress up in a baby costume
- Your wedding night – dress up as a bride & groom
- And for the brave, you could always turn up wrapped in a quilt!
Yesterday, we were mentioning Saint George, the patron saint of England. In fact despite this patronage, he may never have actually visited this country, being more associated with exploits overseas during the Crusades. This gives us his distinctive George Cross knight’s outfit, and because of the penchant for males to favour anything militaristic involving an opportunity for a weapon, it makes it one of our more popular costumes for individuals or groups (because sometimes, one knight is not enough). Taking the crusader knight thing to a whole new level, our attention was recently drawn to some of the costumes coming onto the market as a result of the highly popular Assassin’s Creed computer game. The game is set in 1191, the time of the Third Crusade, and is based around Altair, the assassin of the title. It also incorporates the clerics, templar knights and others who inhabit the assassin’s world, in this very specific time and place. Unfortunately the quality of the costumes is such that they carry a very high price tag and consequently may not be featuring in our stock anytime soon. That said, here at Props & Frocks we are well aware of the rising enthusiasm for the gaming and comic-book market and its amazing costume potential, and hope that more manufacturers will be rising to the challenge of the trend as it develops.