So, Halloween has been & gone for another year, but don’t throw away those Halloween costumes just yet – e have some fancy dress themes where they may be very useful!
Today is All Saints Day (just as yesterday was All Hallows Eve – Halloween). Now you might want to celebrate the heyday of one of the great girl groups of the last decade, or use today as a springboard for a ‘London Dockland Light Railway Stations’ theme – a bit more of a challenge than our usual ‘London Underground Stations fancy dress theme’. For the most part, however, you can go Mexican and give the skeletons and sugar skulls another day or so in honour of the ‘Día de los Muertos’ (Day of the Dead) Festival being celebrated in many Spanish-speaking countries during this time, or why not polish up the halo and have your own Saints Day!
Some ideas for Saint costumes (although a lot of Saints come from the time of Jesus, so any biblical style costume would be suitable):
- Dress up as a golfer, winner at St. Andrews!
- Father Christmas – St. Nicholas
- Southampton (The Saints) Football player
- Mother Teresa – nun outfit
- St. Clare – another chance to wear a nun costume
- St. Joan Of Arc – Medieval warrior costume
- St. Christopher – Patron Saint of travellers – maybe use a travelling theme as a base for this costume
- St. Joseph – Shepherd style costume
- St. Valentine – work out a costume covered in hearts etc…
- Simon Templar – THE Saint
You could always look at the theme ‘Saint’ as anyone who does good, so this could include: Doctors, Nurses, Superheroes, Fairy Godmother, Robin Hood & angels to name just a few