Here are a few of our Fantasy world costume ideas to give you a starting point:
- Science – Fiction – brings in all the Superhero costumes you could think of and includes costumes such as Avatar, aliens and even Buzz Lightyear.
- Given a chance, who would you like to be? Marilyn, Madonna, Henry VIII or Michael Jackson? The list is really endless
- Vampires, Werewolves, Frankenstein & Dracula are all part of a fantasy world
- Some novelty costumes give you a ‘tongue in check’ option of larger areas of anatomy (enough said, I feel)
- Maybe, you have a fantasy holiday destination, African Safari, Hawaiian Beach?
- Why not dress up as a mythical creature, or God? So many to choose from from Ancient Greek, Rome up to more modern day religions
- Make up your own fantasy creature, a morphsuit may be a good starting point.
Today is the birthday of author Terry Pratchett. Although he is becoming well-known for his high-profile spokesmanship on behalf of those with Alzheimer’s and related conditions, he is also the creator of Discworld. This flat world, carried through the cosmos on the backs of four elephants standing upon a giant space turtle, is populated with a rich array of characters. From time to time we have even been called upon to help recreate a few of them for the purposes of a Book Week or local fan convention. Rincewind, the inept wizard found in the earlier books, is one popular choice, but other books in the several dozen Discworld novels have involved themselves with everything from pseudo-Egyptian history, opera to the early days of movie-making in the World’s own version of Hollywood. As with the video games and comic books mentioned earlier this week, we cannot claim an encyclopaedic knowledge of every character in this fantasy world, but if you have left enough time, bring us a description and we will see what we can do to help.