So it is April 1st and on this day we have to be on the look-out for tall tales and practical jokes. (We’ve never come across an impractical joke – perhaps either because it didn’t work well or it was too difficult or expensive to pull off successfully).
Only Fools & Horses is today’s fancy dress theme suggestion,and it’s pretty apt as it is April Fool’s Day!
So let’s take a look at this costume theme for some ‘Only Fools & Horses’ Costume ideas…
‘Only Fools & Horses’ characters from the television series
- Del Boy – an overhead mask is available
- Rodney – an overhead mask is available
- Raquel – Full on 80s look
- Cassandra – more sophisticated
- Granddad – Trilby, cardigan, moustache, round glasses
- Uncle Albert – Sea going look, huge white beard
- Mickey – The ‘spiv’ – wear a gangster style costume
- Boycie – wear a dapper suit
- Marlene – Done up ‘to the nines’
What about some of the scenes that ‘Only Fools & Horses’ are famous for?
- Blow Up dolls
- Chandelier moving – wear a white doctor’s coat
- And, we mustn’t forget Batman & Robin!
Now, let’s look at what we can do for horses…
- Horse masks – go as a Nags Head
- Full 2 man hire horses costumes
- 1 man hire horse costumes
- Jockey Costumes
- Cowboy Costumes
And now on to ‘fools’…
- Jester costumes
- Clown Outfits
- Murdock, from The A Team
- Fools Gold – completely cover yourself in gold with a jester’s hat on
Because it’s a Sunday, some of you won’t have to worry too much about wind-ups in the workplace, but here at Props & Frocks it’s business as usual (subject to your definition of the word ‘usual’ used in the context of a firm dealing in costumes and fantasy fulfilment). The fact that you are here means that you are looking to us to provide inspiration and/or amusement. We can’t offer too much help on the jolly japes – there are plenty of other sites available for that – but from the costuming point of view, we thought an event where people dressed either in equine related costumes or as jesters might be appropriate – only Fools and Horses!