Today, we aim to give you lots of couple costume ideas as this is something we are asked for time and time again…
We were mentioning the legendary Marilyn Monroe earlier in the week, and today we celebrate the birthday of one of the celebrity icons of our time, Angelina Jolie, who was born in 1975. Although Angelina, like Marilyn had a somewhat troubled early life, she has now established herself in a number of roles, both on and off the movie screen. On screen she hashad a number of roles but has made her mark as an action heroine, most notably as Lara Croft, Tomb Raider, but more recently as Evelyn Salt (the role she ‘took over’ from Tom Cruise). She was also very active in ‘Mr & Mrs’, where her relationship with Brad Pitt started. Off-screen, she now has a family with Brad, and to many they arguably are the world’s most famous celebrity couple, also devoting much time to humanitarian and charity work. So, today we look at some couple costume ideas, now a lot of ideas can be found on our other couple fancy dress ideas, so here we will try and give you a few more, although some will be repeated.
- Captain & Sailor – Male and female versions are available for both
- Abba – a great idea for two ladies
- Silk Spectre & Rorschach, Night Owl (Watchmen Costumes)
- Cruella & Dalmation
- Super Mario Brothers – ideal for two men
- Sexy Referee & Footballer
- Male & female Spanish Dancers
- Scooby Doo & Daphne, Velma, Shaggy or Fred
- Headteacher & Schoolgirl
- Shrek & Princess Fiona, or one of the other many characters featured in the films
- Columbia & Riff Raff, Magenta & Frank n Furta (Rocky Horror)
- Teddy Boy & Teddy Girl
- Austin Powers & Felicity Shagwell, Fat Barstead, Dr Evil
- French Maid & French Tart, French Man
- Indian Brave & Indian Squaw
- Knight & Damsel
- Vicky Pollard & Andy, Daffyd (Little Britain)
- Cowboy & Saloon Girl
- Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers – Dinner suit and a long dress – very glamorous!
- Nun & Vicar, Pope, Cardinal, Monk
- Witch & Wizard
- Bill, Ben (& weed) – ideal unisex costumes
- Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Mr Potato Head – all the Toy Story Costumes
- Laurel & Hardy
- Blues Brothers
- Cleopatra & Caesar or Mark Anthony
- Gangster & Gangster’s Moll (Flapper dress)
- Cowboy, Saloon Girl, Indian, Sheriff, Outlaw – take a look at all of our western costumes
- Romeo & Juliet
- Henry VIII & 1 of his wives
- Fred & Wilma Flintstone
- Barney & Betty Rubble
- Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Wednesday – any of The Addams Family
- Policewoman & Convict
- Noddy & Big Ears
- Freddy Krueger & Miss Krueger
- Princess Leia & Darth Vader, and the other Star Wars costumes
- Alice in Wonderland & Mad Hatter, March Hare, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts
- Red Riding Hood & Wolf
- Snow white, 7 Dwarfs, Prince Charming, Wicked Queen
- Cinderella, Prince Charming, Ugly Sisters
- Batman & Robin, The Joker, Riddler
- Supergirl & Superman
- Andy Pandy & Loopy Lou
- Neo & Trinity – Matrix Costumes
- Scooby Doo & rest of the gang
- Dorothy & Scarecrow, Wicked Witch of The West, Cowardly Lion, Tin Man,
- Sandy & Danny from Grease
- Robin Hood & Maid Marion (& Friar Tuck, Merry Men etc…)
- Doctors & Nurse
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell
- Belly Dancer & Arab
- Santa & Miss Christmas or Elf
- Devil & Angel
- Ringmaster & Clown
- Jack Sparrow & Elizabeth Swann
- Dead Bride & Groom
- Dracula & Dracula’s Bride
- Penelope Pitstop & Dick Darstardly
- Popeye & Olve Oyl
- Arwen & Gandalf
- King Arthur, Lancelot, Guinevere, Merlin
- Minnie & Mickey Mouse
- Beauty & The Beast
- Mr & Mrs Incredible
Today we take a look at some popular couple costumes. We are constantly asked for ideas for couples when they come into our fancy dress shop. It can be difficult getting 2 people, of different sizes both in costumes that they like and fits both of them.
We spent much of last week bemoaning the lack of female costumes for some types of themes and events. Today we are on safer ground as the birthday of the Egyptian actor and sometime heart-throb Omar Sharif gives us a chance to celebrate ‘Romantic Couples’. Arguably Sharif’s breakthrough role was in Dr Zhivago (1965), the film that also helped launch the career of Julie Christie. (Remember that line in the Kinks’ ‘Waterloo Sunset’ about ‘Terry and Julie’? It referenced Miss Christie and Terence Stamp, another star of the day). It could also be said the TV adaptation of the Zhivago story in 2002 helped rising starlet Keira Knightley upward and onward to better things – Pirates of the Caribbean, for example.
Meanwhile, back in Britain, on this date in 1912, a certain ship was leaving Southampton on a fateful voyage which would give rise to one of the biggest blockbuster films and love stories of all time, namely Titanic.
So, let have a look at some popular costume ideas for couples…
- Morticia & Gomez Addams – you could also use some of the other characters
- Bill & Ben
- Noddy & Big Ears
- Batman & Robin – yes, we do supply female Robin costumes
- Gangster & his moll – take a look at our great 20s flapper dresses
- Priest & Nun – you can also use other religious costumes
- Doctor & Nurse
- Wizard & Witch
- Devil & Angel
- Belly Dancer & Arab
- Cowboy & Indian (or Saloon Girl etc…)
- Marge & Homer Simpson
- Fred & Wilma Flintstone
- Betty & Barney Rubble
- Trinity & Neo – Matrix costumes
- 2 man costumes – choose from cow, horse, camel – toss a coin for who is the back end!
- Knight & Medieval Damsel
- Convict & Police Woman
It may also be worth your time looking at this other blog that we wrote on some other romantic couple costume ideas
Today’s blog is all about costume ideas for romantic couples. Now, we get asked all the time for couples costumes and it can be harder than you think to get 2 people in costumes that they both like and fit them both equally.
On 23rd March 1990, in the US the film ‘Pretty Woman’ premiered (it was released June 1st in Britain). A variation on the Cinderella story, it tells of a ruthless businessman (Richard Gere) who hires a street-girl (Julia Roberts) as an escort but ends up falling for her (bit of a spoiler there, but most people know the Cinderella story anyway). The film was Roberts’ breakthrough role and although she has not been as active in the movies recently, we are told she is soon to play the Wicked Stepmother in a remake of Snow White – Pretty Woman to Wicked Queen-cum-Old Crone in twenty-one years.
Anyway, under the circumstances we thought a good suggestion for today’s theme would be ‘Romantic Couples’. Aside from Cinderella and her Prince Charming, we have other fairytale and storybook characters including Shrek and Princess Fiona, King and Queen of Hearts, or what about looking at our historical costumes such as Romeo and Juliet, Robin Hood and Maid Marion or Cleopatra and Caesar (or Mark Anthony).
We have written some other blogs with loads of couple fancy dress ideas, take a look, and live happily ever after…
Today, we are suggesting that you have a ‘romantic couples’ fancy dress theme. As regular readers of this blog will know, we
Robin Hood & Maid Marion
try and see what has happened on this date in history to give you inspiration for your next costume theme. The cartoonist Charles Schulz, creator of ‘Peanuts’, was born on November 26th 1922. As we celebrated the Peanuts characters a few weeks back and although there was an unrequited ‘thing’ between Charlie Brown and the ‘Little Red-Haired Girl’, today we celebrate two of the most romantic films of all time. ‘Casablanca’ (1942 – US) and ‘Brief Encounter’ (1945 – UK) both had premieres on this day. As both films are set in the 1940s – not some people’s favourite era for obvious reasons – costuming for these specific films may be a problem, but this is an opportunity for a Romantic Couples event (even if things did not work as romantically as Rick had planned in ‘Casablanca’, he’ll always have Paris!)
As always, we welcome the couples costumes that you have worn in the past to a romantic couples fancy dress party – it really helps our other readers.
This is a huge theme and the costume list endless, but we have a short list of couples fancy dress ideas below:
- Pretty Woman – an easy pair. The ladies wear a pretty 80’s style costume and the men can get away with wearing a dinner suit.
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony – we stock a lovely Queen of The Nile that is ideal for a Cleopatra costume and a range of Roman soldier costumes that are suitable for a Mark Antony outfit
- Scarlett O’Hara & Rhett Butler – use one of our lovely Southern Belle costumes for Scarlett
- Nelson & Josephine
- Henry VIII & one of his doomed wives!
- Romeo & Juliet – we stock a lovely Juliet style costume
- Queen Victoria & Prince Albert
Go on, we are sure that you can think of many more than that!