With two weeks to go until the 31st, we thought we would give you a brief run-down of our top 10 most popular Halloween costumes from recent years.
10. Devil – Despite the general consensus of the Devil being male, the majority of devil costume requests tend to come from females. This isn’t to say that there aren’t many male devil outfits, (although some masquerade under other titles such as Lord Lucifer or Beelzebub (typically devious)), it’s just that there are a greater number of female costumes, many in the short and sassy style. No need to lead you into temptation here – you can probably find it for yourself. We also stock a wide range of devil accessories, everything from devil tails, horns & tridents to help you to complete your Devil costumes.
9. Grim Reaper Costume – A Halloween outfit with a bit more edge. For those who want to go beyond the standard skeleton outfit, this has proved popular in the past, especially following the dramatisations of some of the Terry Pratchett Discworld books featuring Death. The outfit uses a hooded cape, mask and scythe, and even if Prachett’s Death was seven foot tall, size isn’t everything. This Halloween costume is ideal if you do not want to do too much. Wear your normal clothing underneath so you can remove your costume at a later stage of the evening. .
8. Pumpkin – One of the more traditional Halloween costumes, being based on a simple foam-based body in most cases. Great for kids and adults.
7. Skeleton – A mainstream Halloween outfit, this has been on the back-burner for a few years, but was resurrected last year, with a twist, as the Voodoo Lord of the Dead. The Lady Gaga ‘Born This Way’ video has also helped. Watch out for information on another variation – the Skeleton Zombie costume– coming later this week, and we’ll also have info on how to spice (or sugar) up your impression soon.
6. Cat – A witch’s familiar and symbol of luck, the head to toe black feline look can prove quite the cat’s whiskers for the scary season. See our Blog for October 11th for further advice and information.
5. Witch (or Wizard) – Witches are always popular at Halloween (if only for a short spell) and with the departure of Harry Potter & Co. we are waiting to see how the wizard market holds up. We stock a great range of witch costumes & accessories, whether you choose to wear a sexy witch outfit, or stick to something a bit more traditional.
4. Zombie Costumes – There are, of course, plenty of ‘off-the-peg’ zombie outfits available, and the new range of ‘professional’ zombie outfits have been flying out (‘Here to die, gone tomorrow’). For those on a budget, the zombie outfit has the benefit of being able to be thrown together from almost anything. We also stock some great zombie scars and zombie skin (or liquid latex) which is brilliant at helping yo to create a peeling skin look.
3. Beetlejuice – A costume from the Tim Burton stable. This popular character is not too scary and the black/white striped ill fitting suit is a great visual concept not only for Halloween, but also for 1980s and Movie parties.
2. Corpse/Dead Bride – A bit of a sleeper hit last year, especially as the film itself was released a few years ago, but they say you can’t keep a good bride down – even six foot under! This is a costume that you can utilise any white bride costume and add some liquid latex and fake blood to get the best gory bride look you can. We have a Corpse Bride Costume on special offer, add some fake blood and you have a unique looking Halloween fancy dress costume.
1. Vampire – Thanks to the ‘Twilight’ series and ‘First Blood’ the Vampire look has been ‘in’ for the past few years. Traditionally Dracula has been the Vampire and with our fantastic selection of capes for sale, this is an easy look to recreate. Using white and black make-up (which is available for purchase) for an unnatural pallor and the sleepless look, add our fangs for that vampire look and away you go. The range of coloured contact lenses we stock are also great to give that bloodthirsty stare. Take a look at our huge range of vampire accessories