Last Tuesday we noted the early days of British Speed limits and, of course, today in a significant date in the Motor Racing calendar as the British Grand Prix is held at Silverstone. There are those who say that motor racing isn’t what is was (what is?) and that it seems to be more down to the machines rather than the skill of the drivers these days – despite all the innovations and advances they still keep bumping into each other and having to retire from races early.
The other major event this weekend is the final day of the Sonisphere Festival being held at Knebworth. This one is at the ‘Heavy Metal’ end of the spectrum, with such legendary monsters of Rock as Metallica, Motorhead, Slipknot (who have done wonders for the do-it-yourself scarecrow mask market) and –er – Bill Bailey. Theme of the day? ‘Pedal to the Metal’ – you can do everything from racing drivers to rock gods or just go on a nice bike ride with your i-pod!
Okay, so now we’ll give you some brilliant (even if we say so ourself!) Metal Fancy Dress Ideas…
- Goldfinger – for all of you who do not want to do too much!
- Goldfinger character – Pussy galore (wear a cat costume with Galore on a name tag), Oddjob – wear a dark suit and a bowler hat, Chinese man (Mr Ling), Frogman (Bond), Miss Moneypenny – conservative suit
- Goldfinger – American Punk Band
- Heavy Metal Rock Star – long wig, blow up guitar.
- Platinum Wig – what about wearing a Marilyn Costume?
- Silver surfer – wear an Hawaiian shirt with a grey wig
- Gold Digger – looking for a sugar daddy
- Policeman – Copper
- Iron Man – Iron
- Roman God – Mercury
- Tin Man – Tin
- Silverstone Racing Driver Costume
- Cover yourself in fake money notes – Brass
- Cover yourself in leaves painted gold, for Gold Leaf
- Paint cardboard plates silver for silver plate and attach them to your clothes
- Metal Mickey – make yourself a robot costume
- Heavy Metal fan
Do you have any other ideas? We’d love to know and add them to our list…
And, if all else fails, just dress up in the colour you want, or wear a suitable wig, or wear our fantastic body paint to create your look.