Today’s fancy dress theme is Royal. Read on to get some great Royalty costume ideas but firstly,why did we choose this costume theme? Well, in all fairness February 12th is not a great day for British monarchs in history.
On this day in 1554 Lady Jane Grey, who had nominally occupied the throne of England for nine days the previous year, was beheaded. In actual fact she spent her ‘reign’ in the Tower of London when the basis of her claim was disputed. She was put to death thanks to a rebellion in her support by one Sir Thomas Wyatt against Jane’s half-sister Mary, who actually took over the throne. Meanwhile on this day in 1689 Parliament decided that the fact that James II had fled to France constituted an abdication and hence the way was clear for William of Orange and his wife Mary (who were in the London area anyway, touring with about 15,000 soldiers) to take over the throne of England. Nonetheless, we thought Kings and Queens was a good theme for today – never let a few setbacks reign on your parade.
So yes, of course, we stock a wide range of crowns and tiaras and cloaks that would be suitable for this Royal occasion, but let’s think about a wide range of Kings & Queen costumes & accessories that we can offer you…
- Queen of Hearts Costumes
- The King – Elvis Costumes
- Princess of Pop – Kylie Monogue
- Prince of Thieves – Robin Hood
- The Snow Queen – Chronicles Of Narnia
- Edmund, Lucy, Peter & Susan all become Kings & queens in Narnia – wear medieval / Knight costumes.
- The Wicked Queen – Snow White
- Freddy Mercury – from Queen
- Queen of The Nile - Cleopatra Costume
- Queen Victoria
- Queen Bee
- Oberon – King of The Fairies
- Queen Elizabeth I & II
- Anne Bolelyn – or any of Henry VIII’s wives – wear a Tudor costume
- Queen Amidala
- Princess Leia
- The Frog Prince
- King Arthur – Knight’s costume
- Macbeth – Medieval Costume
- Caesar – Roman costumes
Okay, so that should have given you a bit of costume inspiration, but if you need more, check out our Royalty Costume Ideas section including Kings & queens, Prince & Princesses, the list is endless. Please let us know your costume ideas for this theme, and we will update our list, it really helps everyone else.