Here at Props n Frocks we are too busy sending people off to parties to worry much about what’s going on in the political world, apart from obvious aspects that might affect our customers or our business, such as VAT increases, etc.. However, today we thought we would take a moment to say Happy 60th Birthday to a man who this time last year, was Prime Minister of the UK. Yes, we are talking Gordon Brown.
Personally, we don’t know if he has ever let his hair down (metaphorically speaking) by going to a fancy dress party, but the beauty of such events is you don’t have to be yourself, so if you are fed up with being who you are, why not take a look at who you could be? And we’re not talking about putting on a suit and pretending you are the Prime Minister!
If you can’t think of anything more boring than a Politics based fancy dress party, but that is until you add a bit of the Props n Frocks magic. Take a look at some of our costume suggestions, it may give you inspiration to come up with some more ideas yourself (if you do, do drop us a line, and we will include them at a later date)
- Right Winger – wear normal clothing with a pair of wings on your right side.
- Left Winger, as above but on the left
- Major Political Leaders – we do stock a wide range of politicians masks
- Guy Fawkes – who tried to blow up the House of Parliament.
- Spin Doctor – wear a doctor’s costume and draw arrows on it all going in the same direction.
- Green Party – dress head to tail in green
- Labour – dress up as a heavily pregnant lady
- Conservative – dress very prim and proper, wear gloves, hat and carry an old fashioned handbag.
- Lord – dress up in a Georgian costume, wear a white court wig
Come on, we know you can think of some more costume ideas for this tricky theme, let us know what you come up with…