Today we offer ‘Heroes & Villains’ as our fancy dress theme of the day. Yesterday we mentioned pantomimes, and today we celebrate the first performance of another much-loved tale, Peter Pan. The J.M. Barrie story of the Boy Who Never Grew Up was premiered as a stage play today in 1904, and a book soon followed. Peter Pan is not really a pantomime as it lacks many of the necessary elements (although the title role is often played by a female), but as many will know, Barrie conferred certain rights which mean that the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital benefits from the play and its performance. Whilst suggesting a theme based around Peter Pan may be a little limiting, it does embrace two popular theme areas – Fairies (as personified in Tinkerbell) and Pirates, thanks to Captain Hook and his crew, so a Fairey & Pirates party could be on the cards. There is also always the option of Heroes and Villains if a broader theme is required.
Broadening out to a Heroes & Villains party gives you and your guests a huge array of costumes to choose from. Due to lack of space,(and your time to read) we cannot go through all of our costume ideas, but, below, we hope, will give you some inspiration. We have also included as many couple costume ideas as we can …
- Cruella – we stock Cruella style costumes, as well as a large range of Cruella accessories including wigs, gloves and cigarette holders.
- Captain Hook (Villain) & Peter Pan (Hero), Pirate Captain costumes available to hire and purchase. Take a look at Elf and Robin Hood costumes to create a Peter Pan outfit. We also stock Peter Pan Hats & bow’s and arrows.
- Devil & Angel. We stock a huge range of Devil accessories to create this outfit. For angels, we stock fantastic white feather wings and halos, we also stock a great range of bad fairy accessories.
- Superheroes – We stock a wide range of superhero costumes including: Superman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, The Joker, Mr & Mrs Incredible
- Fairytale Book Characters – These stories normally follow a good versus evil situation so use a character from your favourite fairytales. Heroes include: Prince Charming & Fairy Godmothers. Villains include: Jafar (Alladin), Bad Fairy / Witches, Wicked Queens, Wicked Witch of The West
- Horror Films – These give a wide range of nasty characters including: Freddie Krueger, Jason , Silence Of The Lambs, Dracula
- Real Life Heroes – how about going to the fancy dress party dressed as a doctor or a nurse (or any of our other emergency services)?
- Real Life Villains – Convict costumes as well as outfits based on ‘real criminals’ such as Jack The Ripper (wear a victorian costume)
- Religous Costumes – these can be a hero or a villain depending on your point of view. We stock a great range of religous costumes, but please make sure you do not offend anyone.
- Vampires & Werewolves – very popular at the moment, especially with The Twilight Saga