Books of the 1920s
Books of the Nineteen-Twenties which may give you some alternative 20s costume ideas
- All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Maria Remarque
- Decline and Fall – Evelyn Waugh (1928)
- 1920 – Edith Wharton ‘The Age of Innocence’ – First woman to win a Pulitzer prize.
- The Great Gatsby – F Scott Fitzgerald (1925)
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles – Agatha Christie (1st Hercule Poirot) (1920)
- A Passage to India – E M Forster, a chance to wear Indian Costumes from our hire range
- Tarka the Otter – Henry Williamson
- Winnie-the-Pooh (1926) -The Winnie-the-Pooh stories written by A A Milne featured Winnie, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. The original books (illustrated by Ernest Howard Shepard) show a rather more tatty teddy, than the one now associated with the Disney model. There are standard Bear, Pig, Donkey and Tiger costumes available as well as the Disney interpretation.
Symbols & Settings for a 1920s Event
- American Speakeasy
- Country House
- Jazz Club
- Parisian Style Café