Most people would automatically think about flapper dresses and gangsters for this particular decade, and indeed, as it is so popular, we have a page dedicated just to Gangsters & Moll costumes. However, there is more to the 20’s than just those costumes. Here are a few more costume ideas that you may decide to use for your costume inspiration and look to the left margin for lots more 1920s costume ideas:
- Charlie Chaplin – an easy costume to put together, just wear with a black suit, one of our bowler hats, Chaplin Moustache and carry a cane
- Harry Houdini
- Mary Astor – go for a glamorous silent movie look
- Joan Crawford, as above
- Douglas Fairbanks – famous for his roles in Robin Hood, The Mask of Zorro and the Thief Of Bagdad, why not wear one of these costumes?
- Al Jolson – not very politically correct but you could dress up in a suit with white gloves and a black up face.
- Rudolph Valentino – famous actor known for his roles in The Sheik, Son Of The Sheik and The Four Horseman Of The Apocalypse – why not take a look at our Arab costumes?
- Fred Astaire – wear a black tail suit