Tiger Overhead Animal Mask
Face Bops With Lion Noise
Elephant Over Head Mask
Hippo Overhead Animal Mask
Monkey Overhead Animal Mask
A Walk On The Wild Side
This fancy dress theme has many different ways of looking at it, and possibly you’ve arrived here because the Blissfields Festival at Winchester (4th-5th July 2014) has chosen the Wild Side theme this year.
Obviously we have a wide range of animal costumes & masks that you could wear for this costume theme (some illustrated below), although others, such as our superb range of mascot-style outfits are unfortunately unsuitable for festival use! We also thought you could work with the following idea areas:
- Safari Costumes – The days of the Big Game Hunter are almost over and now its all down to the photograher and naturalist.
- Tribal Costumes – Some good potential here, but exercise caution – ‘blacking/browning up can be considered offensive to some. Best to use colourful tribal prints and designs instead.
- Zoo Keeper – Well someone’s got to look after the animals!
- Tarzan & Jane – The original jungle doo
- Insects such as butterflies (we stock ladies costumes and a great range of butterfly wings)
- Wild Man (or Women) of rock n roll – thinking outside the box and away from the jungle. Think Ozzy Osborne, Alice Cooper, Arthur Brown (?).
- Wild West Costumes
- Wild Turkey – Potent drink and interesting costuming concept!
- Oscar Wilde – Famous writer and poet of the late Victorian era (he died 1900)
- Mountaineer or Outdoorsman/woman – Work with the spirit of the extreme explorers and sportspeople taking on the Wild.
- Wild Night Out Plenty of options for this!
If you’re not at a festival, but doing this theme, music to play for a Walk on the Wild Side event might include:
- The Lion Sleeps tonight – Tight Fit
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- Wild Ones – Flo Rida
- Really Wild Child – Iggy Pop
- Wild Boys – Duran duran
- Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor
- Where The Wild Roses Grow – Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue
- Tiger Feet – Mud
- Wild Side Of The Night – Status Quo
- Funky Gibbon – The Goodies
- Wild Horses – Rolling Stones
- Wild is The Wind – Bon Jovi
- Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf
- Go Wild In The Country – Bow Wow Wow
- Animals – Nikelback
- A Horse With No Name – America
- Blackbird – The Beatles
- Free As a Bird – The Beatles
- Hungry Like The Wolf – Duran Duran
- Hound Dog – Elvis
- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer!
- The Lovecats – The Cure
- Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport – Rolf Harris
- Whats New Pussycat? – Tom Jones
- When I see An Elephant Fly – Cliff Ukulele Ike Edwards
- Who Let The Dogs out? – Baha Men
- Antmusic – Adam & The Ants
- Bat Out Of Hell – Meatloaf
- Birdie Song – The Tweets
- Canary in a Coalmine – The Police
- Crazy Horses – The Osmonds
- Crocodile Shoes – Jimmy Nail
- Dog Eat Dog – Adam & The Ants / AC DC
- Eagle – Abba
- Fireflies – Fleetwood Mac /Owl City
- I’m Like a Bird – Nelly Furtado
- Little Red Rooster – Rolling Stones
- Love Is Like a Butterfly – Dolly Parton
- Mustang Sally – Wildon Pickett
- Rockin Robin – Michael Jackson
- Wings of a Dove – Madness
- Roar – Katy Perry