Bond Costume Ideas
James Bond remains one of the most popular sub-sections from the main genre of film fancy dress. Most people think it is quite a limiting costume theme, but once you start to look at all the various films, where they were based, the main, and bit-part characters, you start to get a huge range of potential 007 costume ideas.
We also hire out some fabulous props to help you to theme your Bond Themed costume party. For more details contact us.
- Acrobat in Octopussy. Wear a leotard, top hat and tails. Other circus acts in this film include Clowns and the Ringmistress Magda
- Ascot Attendee – A View To a Kill – Morning suit / posh summer dress (& hat)
- Baron Samedi in Live & Let Die we find many people take our Grave Groom costume for this character
- Blofeld’s Cat – You Only Live Twice & Diamonds Are Forever – Wear a white fur catsuit, white cat mask, or make up, tail. For Diamonds wear a sequined collar (imitating the diamond-encrusted version in the film).
- Carnival Go-er in Moonraker . Sequences are set in Rio in Brazil – wear Salsa costumes, bikinis
- Chinese/Asian Coolie Tomorrow Never Dies Simple Chinese style costumes. A more colourful Chinese coolie outfit with dragon design is worn in Tomorrow Never Dies
- Chinese Cheongsam- Dr No (Airport Photographer) Hostess on Goldfinger‘s jet. The masseur Peaceful Fountains of Desire in Die Another Day -An elegant fitted far eastern outfit which is the costume of choice for many oriental female characters in Bond films
- Circus Character – Octopussy – wear clown costume or an acrobat outfit
- Crocodile – Live & Let Die and Octopussy – Crocodile costume – why not just hold our inflatable crocodile prop?
- Egyptian Belly Dancer features in The Man With The Golden Gun & The Spy Who Loved Me wear a standard Belly dancer costume
- Ernst Blofeld features in You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, and Diamonds Are Forever. Wear a grey Nehru suit, bald head and eye scar. Similar to a Dr. Evil Costume
- Goldfinger – Goldfinger. Male villain in the third Bond film. Wear a suit or golfing gear. For those of you who do not want to do too much just put some gold face paint on 1 finger!
- Goldfinger Girl – Goldfinger – Gold Catsuit, gold hairspray, gold face paint.
- Fencer – Die Another Day – Fencing outfit
- Frogman in Goldfinger and Thunderball . Wear a Diver’s costume or black morphsuit with goggles!
- Geisha You Only Live Twice standard Geisha costume, wig and makeup
- Gypsy Dancer features in From Russia With Love. Gypsy blouse, headdress, sash & skirt.
- Jenny Flex A View To a Kill wears a riding jacket, jodhpurs, riding boots and carries a whip
- Las Vegas Showgirl – Diamonds Are Forever – Sequin bikini. Elaborate headdress. Glamorous make-up. Optional cape
- Little Old Lady Henchwoman – Goldfinger – Standard old lady outfit plus a machine gun – our Tommy gun should be okay to use and our granny wig will help to complete the look
- Sheik The Spy Who Loved Me Wear a standard Sheik Costume
- Astronaut You Only Live Twice & Moonraker. A NASA-style astronaut outfit might prove a little cumbersome in a party environment, but when did practicality get in the way of a good idea?
- Martial Arts Man Moonraker Wear a black Ninja Costume
- Martial Arts Girl -The Man With The Golden Gun – White karate suit & belt
- Miss Moneypenny – all films – wear a 2 piece business suit or a 60’s style dress made out of fake coins.
- Moonraker Girl – Moonraker – White split front futuristic mini-dress
- Nurse – Thunderball, Never Say Never Again, Tomorrow Never Dies – Nurse costume
- Oddjob – Goldfinger – Black 2 piece suit, bowler hat
- Octopussy Operative – Octopussy – Red catsuit, Indian yashmak style headdress. Weapon
- Pussy Galore’s Flying Circus Member – Goldfinger – Black catsuit
- Q – all films -Usually casual jacket or white lab coat with gadget accessories. Has adopted other guises as well
- Ringmistress (Magda) – Octopussy – Black top hat, glitter tailcoat. Leotards, fishnet tights.
- Wai Lin Tomorrow Never Dies Black catsuit or Combat Fatigues
- Shark – Thunderball & Licence to Kill- Shark costume
- Solitaire – High Priestess – Live & Let Die – Sorceress / Priestess long robe. Gold eye make-up
- Soul Brother Live & let Die Wear a black Pimp suit and afro wig
- Witch Doctor – Live & Let Die – Headdress, animal fur / skulls, grass skirt, option to hold a fake snake
For something a bit different and for your next James Bond theme event, why not forget the personnel and go for representing the film titles in costume?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Dr No – Doctor’s Coat with a ‘No’ hospital name badge.
2. From Russia with Love – Russian Hussar, Baboushka.
3. Goldfinger – Gold painted finger. Gold painted girl.
4. Thunderball – Giant Lottery Draw ticket.
5. You Only Live Twice – A zombie-style outfit with a badge ‘I didn’t believe in reincarnation last time either’.
6. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – There is a secret agent costume on the market, or you can use a tuxedo morphsuit.
7. Diamonds Are Forever – Marilyn Monroe, or any costume based on the card suit.
8. Live & Let Die – Witchdoctor/Baron Samedi.
9. Moonraker – Yokel with rake. Astronaut with rake. Mooning astronaut with rake!
10. The Man With the Golden Gun – Pretty obvious, although as the film featured a laser-style ‘sun gun’ (the Other golden gun), a yellow parabolic reflector ‘Big ear’ listening device might be a novelty.
11. The Spy Who Loved Me – Felicity Shagwell or Vanessa Kensington (Double smartypantness here as the Austin Powers films were a play on Bond titles).
12. Octopussy – Octopus, Cat with eight tails.
13. For Your Eyes Only – Polar Bear (For Your Ice Only) , Seven Veils Dancer.
14. View To A Kill – The huntsman in hunting pink is an obvious possibility. A fox in hunting pink is a novelty.
15. The Living Daylights – Tricky. Depending upon the amount of effort you want to expend, either find a reflective silver catsuit or sew a number of small mirrors (you can find them in craft stores) to a jumpsuit. (It’s a similar principle to the one designed to make Bond’s car invisible in ‘Die Another Day’).
16. Licence to Kill – Probably anyone touting a weapon plus a (fake) permit, but be careful about any realistic-looking weapons in a public environment – the Police don’t like it!
17. Goldeneye – Back to the gold make-up or contact lenses.
18. Tomorrow Never Dies – Rather like the basis of the film’s title, an outfit made of newsprint or internet print-outs.
19. The World is Not Enough – A space alien suggests itself, although if you can find an inflatable globe and devise some other ‘planets’ from circular objects such as plain (or painted) footballs, you might create a viable alternative.
20. Die Another Day – Zombie.
21. Casino Royale – Roulette Girl (Spin to Win) outfit, Queen of Hearts.
22. Quantum of Solace – Scientist with a number of small cushions or a small bottle of whisky!
23. Skyfall – Parachute/Skydiver outfit. Fallen angel.