A great option if you need to think of something quintessentially British!
Though there are different fairy tales, most pantomimes have various essential characters which feature in many, if not all performances. From the Pantomime Dame, where males relish the chance to dress up as females, with over the top bright, colourful, loud dresses, wigs, make-up and appropriate accessories such as jumbo eyelashes, to the Principal Boy, which is often played by a girl. At Props & Frocks we have costumes for most pantomimes, including Snow White, Cinderella, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Dick Whittington and Jack and the Beanstalk. Not only do we stock the major characters, but we also have costumes for the chorus, from fairies, to villagers and everything in between. Take a look at our large range of Fairytale costumes
Here are some Pantomime costume suggestions, but there are so many more, and there is something to suit all sizes and budgets.
- Snow White - Other characters include; Wicked Queen (use a witch costume), Prince Charming and who can forget the seven dwarfs?
- Red Riding Hood plenty of red riding hood costumes available to purchase, and why not go as a couple with our Granny Wolf costume, or a peasant costume for the woodcutter?
- Cinderella a whole host of costumes available here from Ugly Sister costumes, to rats, Fairy Godmother & Prince Charming outfits and dont forget poor Cinders and Cinderella ballgowns.
- Aladdin another fantastic story with a large range of characters to help you to choose your costume. Aladdin, Widow Twanky, Jafar, the baddie, Jasmine (wear a belly dancer costume) and of course, the genie. There are also roles for a parrot and monkey.
- Peter Pan Yet another great story, full of terrific characters that you can dress up as. Firstly, we have Peter Pan, a greeen Elf costume will suffice as will some Robin Hood costumes. Captain Hook, Peter Pans arch enemy. You will need to wear a pirate captain costume and of course, you must wear a hook. Smee, Hooks second in command. You will need to wear a standard pirate costume for this character (as played by Bob Hoskins). Wendy wears an old fashioned white nightgown and the lost boys wear medieval peasant style clothing. Green fairy costumes are available to purchase for Tinker Bell. Other characters include: Indians and mermaids.
- Alice in Wonderland, choose from Alice herself, The Queen of Hearts, The Mad Hatter or the white Rabbit
- Beauty & the Beast. You may need to wear a werewolf mask to get the beast effect. Beauty wears a yellow Victorian style dress. A lot of the characters (Wardrobe, light, tea pot) can be quite difficult to put together unless you are very talented and artistic.
- Puss in Boots. We stock a large range of cat masks and accessories as well as over boots, hats and swords.
- Jack & the Beanstalk Jack and his mother wear peasant costumes. You may need a very tall friend to go as the giant