Today, we are suggesting that you have a ‘romantic couples’ fancy dress theme. As regular readers of this blog will know, we
try and see what has happened on this date in history to give you inspiration for your next costume theme. The cartoonist Charles Schulz, creator of ‘Peanuts’, was born on November 26th 1922. As we celebrated the Peanuts characters a few weeks back and although there was an unrequited ‘thing’ between Charlie Brown and the ‘Little Red-Haired Girl’, today we celebrate two of the most romantic films of all time. ‘Casablanca’ (1942 – US) and ‘Brief Encounter’ (1945 – UK) both had premieres on this day. As both films are set in the 1940s – not some people’s favourite era for obvious reasons – costuming for these specific films may be a problem, but this is an opportunity for a Romantic Couples event (even if things did not work as romantically as Rick had planned in ‘Casablanca’, he’ll always have Paris!)
As always, we welcome the couples costumes that you have worn in the past to a romantic couples fancy dress party – it really helps our other readers.
This is a huge theme and the costume list endless, but we have a short list of couples fancy dress ideas below:
- Pretty Woman – an easy pair. The ladies wear a pretty 80’s style costume and the men can get away with wearing a dinner suit.
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony – we stock a lovely Queen of The Nile that is ideal for a Cleopatra costume and a range of Roman soldier costumes that are suitable for a Mark Antony outfit
- Scarlett O’Hara & Rhett Butler – use one of our lovely Southern Belle costumes for Scarlett
- Nelson & Josephine
- Henry VIII & one of his doomed wives!
- Romeo & Juliet – we stock a lovely Juliet style costume
- Queen Victoria & Prince Albert
Go on, we are sure that you can think of many more than that!